Discuss Flow switches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

I try to carry most common spares on the van and had to change a flow sx on a Firebird Combi 90 today. Looks like the old Mk1s are hard to get so its £42 for the upgrade kit or....I just stuck a £27 Grant one on. Exactly the same!! Out of interest I then looked at the Worcester (Boulter) one I had on board and guess what.....(almost) the same - same thread etc and the paddle is the same length just a tad wider - easily trimmable.
Looking at HWOS, the red nutted Worcester is described as
  • UNIVERSAL MULTI FIT
  • HEATSLAVE (REPLACEMENT HEAD FITS A WIDE RANGE OF STD EFF)
So Ill get one of those too and see if that one pony does all the tricks..I do love finding generic stuff..

I tend to find you carry a lot of oil kit compared to gas as no one stocks it locally, and custards are happy to pay up if you repair things there and then. be needing a bigger van soon though :(

I tend to find you carry a lot of oil kit compared to gas as no one stocks it locally, and custards are happy to pay up if you repair things there and then. be needing a bigger van soon though :(

And it also means the customer doesn't have time to go on fleabay and find a 2nd hand part and then expect you to fit it for a fiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow switches in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock