Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Flow regulator ball valves in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

I got given a bag of unused CP961 flow regulator ball valves (same as in the pic) years ago by my mum (she found them in rental she was clearing out between tenants), they ended up at the bottom of a box and promptly forgot about them til I was having a tidy up earlier today.

I've tried opening them opening/closing the ball valve in them with a screwdriver but they won't budge. Do they need the flow cartridge in them to work or are they just knackered?

[​IMG]

2. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Put a spanner on PW. I'll be amazed of they are US. If i recall properly they open with and without.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Good call, a big adjustable with plenty of leverage did the trick, once I cracked it for the first time its working smoothly with screwdriver now.

They have a stay of execution then and can live in one of the many boxes of bits and bobs that might come in useful at some point in the future :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Can't beat a fellow hoarder.

One day I'll find a use, honest :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Feck just order 24 for them

6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I cant remember what the call them ( wonda valve maybe ) but the idea is great , you fit a coloured cartridge into them tailored to how many litres a min you need , I have them on my basin taps

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber

Yeah. I bought a couple not long ago and liked them. But they are stiff and I'd be happier if they came with handles.

8. ShaunCorbs

they do different ones they do ones with washing machine handles

9. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber

Where do you get those ones? I got the plain ones from BES.

10. ShaunCorbs

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Wish the missus thought the same :D

Looking at them a bit closer it looks like you can fit a lever onto them, there's a tapped thread in the middle of the screwdriver slot that looks like its for fixing a lever/handle in place.

12. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Wish the missus agreed :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Active Member

Do they regulate the flow without the horrible roaring sound associated with partially closing the ball-o-fix? If so I think I want to buy them by the dozen!

14. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

Oops. Original post was to an answer to a diff thread!!

Yes. There is a little noise but none of the severe cavitation of a partial closure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

Now that I a) remembered I'd got them b) knew where they were in my hoarder's cave (as the oh refers to it :D) c) based on your advise in this thread realised they were still in working order ; I've used one in the toilet at home and have been really impressed, haven't noticed any noise off them in situ, although we have a fairly noisy house with the menagerie of pets.

• Like Like x 1