Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Flow and return pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ktm640

Hi,

Im currently replacing the central heating system in our house and have the following question.

Our house has solid floors downstairs so both the upstairs and downstairs radiators will be supplied from 22mm flow and return pipes routed between the upstairs floorboards and downstairs ceiling.

Can all radiators be fed from one flow and one return or do I need to split into 2 zones?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Haven't bought them yet so not sure of final sizes but quantity will be 10. Old ones are all sorts, some singles, couple of doubles and various sizes.

Hope this helps

greater than 150m2 floor area and you are supposed to have 2 heating zone on ground and first floor if you comply with building regs

Hey Steve

Yes you need to have two flow and return 22mm primary feeds to and from boiler, you can then take feed of primary pipes to radiators
If you are taking the feeds from the second floor down to rads below then just remember to install draincocks on every drop you take down so as you can drain that leg in future, this is generally known as a drop system and is mostly used on sealed systems

I'm going to use hep2o after the first 1m off the boiler for the flow and return. Would you suggest always connecting to the rads with copper? I've read that you can connect hep2o straight to the valves but I'm more concerned about the sagging of plastic pipe compared to the rigid straightness of copper.

I'm going to use hep2o after the first 1m off the boiler for the flow and return. Would you suggest always connecting to the rads with copper? I've read that you can connect hep2o straight to the valves but I'm more concerned about the sagging of plastic pipe compared to the rigid straightness of copper.

I would do 2-3m if you could before you change to hep and yes copper to rads

I would do 2-3m if you could before you change to hep and yes copper to rads

Great stuff, many thanks for reply.
I will be using copper to connect all the rads and where I have solid floors, I will drop down the walls in copper.

I want to use hep in the void between the upstairs floorboards and downstairs ceilings to avoid cut outs in the joists.

Is this advisable?

Seems to be a lot of mixed feelings and opinions when comparing hep to copper!

Many thanks.

Great stuff, many thanks for reply.
I will be using copper to connect all the rads and where I have solid floors, I will drop down the walls in copper.

I want to use hep in the void between the upstairs floorboards and downstairs ceilings to avoid cut outs in the joists.

Is this advisable?

Seems to be a lot of mixed feelings and opinions when comparing hep to copper!

Many thanks.

Will be fine aslong as installed to manufacture instructions

Got our plumber fitting the boiler, flue, doing the gas supply and commissioning the boiler. I'm just installing the pipes and rads.

make sure hes gas safe, if you dont have his gas reg no ask for it

make sure hes gas safe, if you dont have his gas reg no ask for it

Thanks for the advice, he's all legit. Gas safe, Worcester installer etc. I'd get a pro to do that part of the job even if it wasn't law. Anyone having a go at the gas etc themselves is plain stupid.

Thanks for the advice, he's all legit. Gas safe, Worcester installer etc. I'd get a pro to do that part of the job even if it wasn't law. Anyone having a go at the gas etc themselves is plain stupid.

good and good for doing the checks most dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow and return pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock