Discuss Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey do many people use flexi's when piping a bath up, have always used copper but am tempted to start using flexi's for speed. But abit put of the the fact the 3/4 to 15mm flexis only have a 10mm bore.

The only time use them is if they come with the taps (basin) just more resistance tbh.

I use them all the time if on combi. Wouldnt on tanked tho. I will probably get sum stick for this but flexi's are ace

Ill admit it!!
I use them on baths. Basin taps if they come with them. I'd hard pipe a two tap hole basin though.

I find the rubber seal a real help with bath taps. If a tap connecter with a fibre washer isn't absolutely spot on it will squirt out.

Some toilets it's best to use a flexi as you have to snake it through the back of the pan.

Perhaps the mods could re-post flexible freddie's views -he was ace but got banned in the end
due to his too inflexible approach to flexies - CHK

If you are a plumber you will pipe it up, if you are not you will use a flexi, it's no excuse to say its difficult to pipe up, that's what separates the plumbers from the rest, ok most of the baths I've done are standard, but I've done many 100's, not sure if I've done 1000's, but I've done enough to know how to do it, and most of them were done before flexis were available, but even on the fancy baths with taps in the middle of the back wall it's very easy to hard pipe then drop the bath in then connect it up, flexis are not required

I find the rubber seal a real help with bath taps. If a tap connecter with a fibre washer isn't absolutely spot on it will squirt out.

Wipe Jet Blue Plus onto the fibre washer, as long as you don't cross thread it it won't leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexis to pipe up bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock