Discuss Flex hoses for mixer tap - which one is for hot water, which one is for cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miketimperley

Hi,

I have just bought a pair of flex hoses for my kitchen mixer tap. I have noticed that the joint ends to the tap are different, one with a long tube shape and the other short. Which one is for hot water and which one is for cold water? why are they made different?

thanks

mike

Hi there
The flexis you mention are standard. The end that is long and thin fits to the tap body. You dont need to put a pair of grips to this. Maybe a little tweak is all that is needed.
Some come with colour code tape i.e. red hot, blue cold. Cold is on the right, from below its on the left, got the idea? If no tape, no prob.
The reason for one being longer than the other is so you can tweak. if they were the same lenght, you couldnt put a spanner on to tweak.
Hope this helps.

Word of the day is TWEAK!!

As tipintim says, it doesn't matter. The different lengths just make it easier to access with a spanner.

put them on either way round, unless labelled otherwise as already stated by tipintim

If you ever have to replace them, be aware that there's more than one type; some have mm smaller diameter threads.
Guess how many trips I made to the merchant to find that one out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flex hoses for mixer tap - which one is for hot water, which one is for cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm Ultracom 38CXI combi boiler. During the Summer the taps and mixer shower run hot water consistently...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock