Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Fitting quater turn taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MATT-

Hey what are peoples thoughts on fitting quarter turn taps, as if they ever starting dripping in the future finding a replacement ceramic disc can be hard or if not able to source means a new tap. I have a kitchen tap to swap for a elderly women an feel a quarter turn tap would be easier to operate for here

Use a well known make and there won't be an issue. Fit a cheap DIY shed jobbie and you'll have problems.

Mikes right. Also get the customer to keep the box and installation instructions so ordering spares becomes doddle.

It will likely be a swirl kitchen tap from screwfix. Are these any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting quater turn taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a kitchen mixer tap with quarter turn levers and the cold side started dripping. I took out the ceramic valve and replaced it with one from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ¼ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and...
Replies
Views
I'm baffled how to access a ceramic valve in order to replace it on this quarter turn sink tap. Here's the tap... I can remove the arm...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock