Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting new TRV head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike C

Hi,

the sensor head has broken off on one of the TRV's and can't be repaired. I have bought a like for like replacement TRV although it is only the head I need. I have tried fitting the head on by just screwing it on to the old valve with the securing ring but it doesn't seem to work and the radiator is just on full with moving the head having no affect whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong here and is it not as starightforward as screwing on a new head or could there be a problem elsewhere in the old valve?

Cheers

What make is it? Are you sure you have identical make & model?
You have to turn the new head full on before you attempt to push it into correct position before turning the nut.
You might have a faulty trv body & will need to replace whole trv

It is a Bulldog and is identical. It has probably been like this for some time, maybe years ( I have recently moved in). Could the pin be stuck or stiff ?

It is a Bulldog and is identical. It has probably been like this for some time, maybe years ( I have recently moved in). Could the pin be stuck or stiff ?

Normally if the pin is stuck the valve won't work and the rad is cold, as above its prob time go change the whole thing.

Try hitting the pin a few gentle taps with a hammer. If it still doesn't turn off with the head, then replace the whole valve.
I have seen a few of the more expensive version of the Bulldog valve failing to turn off except by using the wee service cap supplied with them. Very odd, but I just had to replace the body

I live in Honeywell country but stated they are bulky and commercially oriented. For residential I prefer the Danfoss line but don't have any stickers since we started using Fernox on all hydronic systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting new TRV head in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock