Search the forum,

Discuss fitting new heating filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

giarc00007

Gas Engineer
been to price up heating job today. customers doesnt want to see any pipes so using stand off kit. Problem i have is wanting to put a decent filter on system but with pipes going up behind boiler and its going to be in tight cupboard and no room above boiler. any suggestions on fitting filter else where?

if it is a clean ( or flushed clean system ) and piped up correctly it should be ok. You'll know the system if you checked it over so you'll obviously need to be the judge of that one.

I can only speak from my experience, in my neck of the woods of course, water is good here so when things are done proper and system is clean there's little corrosion.

Did they not used to make an inline filter ?

Good point !
Some manufacturers can be funny and if there's any sign mucky water on a warranty job, you could be up the creak.
Have a look at the liff lime fighter 2 online. See if that will do what you want it to

It may not be lime fighting you're after and I haven't studied what else this filter does but it has a magnet I think. It was more the size and shape I was thinking, these fit under floors easy.
The downside is that I'm sure you need to swap the complete thing when it's used up.
Sorry if I'm waffling!!

whats the measure to the ceiling ?

I've got about 250mm gap from top of boiler to ceiling. It's just access to a filter if I could get one in.

Plenty stick a adey pro 2 mini in and just take the whole filter off to clean sorted if you haven't but think you will just have enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting new heating filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock