Search the forum,

Discuss fitting New Glass bathroom basin on worktop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ParrDi Gras

Hi guys Im new so be gentle:).

Im attempting to re furbish our bathroom. the wife wants a glass bowl basin which she has seen. Im wondering how does the glass basin secure to the worktop. I have boxed in all the pipes and waste ,although I have left the front panel off for access for fitting. The glass basin just comes with a pop up waste , but im concerned that just sitting it on top of the worktop wont be sufficent with two kids. Is there some sort of flange fitting on the market ,which fits under the worktop and fits on the waste , so I can position the waste then screw from underneath to tighten the whole unit??? thanks in advance for your help and apologies for my ignorance.

If no fixings with basin ,just bed on to worktop with clear silicon

Thanks Puddle. Clear silicone it is then . Hopefully I can do it neat enough so you wont see it that much under the clear glass bowl

sorry Parrdi did not realise the basin was clear thought would be opac,it is going to be fun keeping a clear basin clean especially with kids about !:)

when you place bowl on worktop ,what surface area is sited on the worktop if you have 50 mm or more you can bed on silicon,but if basin clear,it is going to make bottom of basin opac

Is is difficult without seeing it but if you do not have a 50mm round seat around waste that sits on worktop or you did not want to bed on silicon you could do away with the pop up waste you have(if its one that is connected through tap stem,as this could be used on a white bowl) and fit a normal 11/4"unsloted waste with a intergrated swivel crome plug or a internal push up/push down plug.This would allow you to fit waste to basin making water tight and push through worktop waste hole then you could purchase a extra waste backing nut with washer and screw onto waste tightening to underside of worktop this will secure the basin onto the worktop ,then you can connect to the trap
you will still need a bead of silicon around base of basin to stop water penitration

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fitting New Glass bathroom basin on worktop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock