Discuss First fix pipework testing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you guys who do site work accurately test first fix pipework etc before the gas meters are installed? I have got a few external gas runs that I have done, awaiting 8 meters to be fitted. The builder wants to paint all the pipes and take the scaffold down but the meters aren't due to be fitted for another 3 weeks or so. Is there an accurate way of testing so I can test what is in before the meters are fitted?

How do you guys who do site work accurately test first fix pipework etc before the gas meters are installed? I have got a few external gas runs that I have done, awaiting 8 meters to be fitted. The builder wants to paint all the pipes and take the scaffold down but the meters aren't due to be fitted for another 3 weeks or so. Is there an accurate way of testing so I can test what is in before the meters are fitted?

blank any open ends and make a fitting from meter to gas test nipple and use one of these

Gas Pressure Test Tee | 3 Way Test Tee | Gas Pressure Testing Equipment

with either a u gauge or your kane or other etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fix pipework testing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back