Search the forum,

Discuss First fix pipework testing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
How do you guys who do site work accurately test first fix pipework etc before the gas meters are installed? I have got a few external gas runs that I have done, awaiting 8 meters to be fitted. The builder wants to paint all the pipes and take the scaffold down but the meters aren't due to be fitted for another 3 weeks or so. Is there an accurate way of testing so I can test what is in before the meters are fitted?

How do you guys who do site work accurately test first fix pipework etc before the gas meters are installed? I have got a few external gas runs that I have done, awaiting 8 meters to be fitted. The builder wants to paint all the pipes and take the scaffold down but the meters aren't due to be fitted for another 3 weeks or so. Is there an accurate way of testing so I can test what is in before the meters are fitted?

blank any open ends and make a fitting from meter to gas test nipple and use one of these

Gas Pressure Test Tee | 3 Way Test Tee | Gas Pressure Testing Equipment

with either a u gauge or your kane or other etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to First fix pipework testing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Not exactly a plumbing problem but here goes. I have known for a couple of years there was a water leak somewhere between the water meter, on our property, and the property itself. The water company fitted a new (smart) meter about 4 weeks ago. Now they have contacted us saying we have a leak...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the working gas pressure on the gas valve test nipple. This fell to 8mbar on maximum and 17mbar on high setting. They then removed the isolation valve under...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock