Discuss Fire risk behind dryer? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

In the hole for my dryer I had a little bit of skirting board, I removed it so that I could push my dryer back further.

Upon removing it I see pink foam, I have concerns about the heat from the dryer and a fire risk.

What can be done? I know I could add the skirting board back but I want to try and save as much depth space as possible.

thumbnail_IMG_6952.jpg

Pink expanding foam is used as a fire barrier so best to leave it alone but I wouldn't worry about 'heat from the dryer' bothering it. Just make sure that the dryer is installed in a way that complies with the makers instructions for clearances all round.

Reply to Fire risk behind dryer? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi I wondered if it is possible to have pipework from a dishwasher running behind a built in, under counter, electric oven? I want the order of...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is currently heated via FHW via an oil-fired boiler. Hot water is also provided by the boiler (via a...
Replies
Views
Back