Search the forum,

Discuss Finally booked my gas assessments! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The week after next. Very nervous about them! Doing the standard group for domestic work plus MET1. Any tips from people who have done them a lot more times than I??

Already got my first gas work booked for about 8 weeks time which gives me time to pass hopefully and get registered! New combi boiler, meter fitting for a new gas supply and changing rads. Excited about doing something new!

Good luck Croft its 90% common sense and 10% book, you'll love it.

Just remember the basics, the rest will be common sense!

And don't rush the papers!

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll be fine, just take your time. If it was hard i'd never pass ;)

Good luck mate.. Just recently did all mine.. If you're anything like me just remember to BREATH!!! Lol take your time, eliminate the wrong answers on the ones you get stuck on - helped me doing it like that. Good luck!!

The week after next. Very nervous about them! Doing the standard group for domestic work plus MET1. Any tips from people who have done them a lot more times than I??

Already got my first gas work booked for about 8 weeks time which gives me time to pass hopefully and get registered! New combi boiler, meter fitting for a new gas supply and changing rads. Excited about doing something new!
good luck crofty, but you might struggle to be registered in 8 weeks can take upto 8 weeks just for gas safe to get your results. did my reassment end of June and they still dont have them yet.

Good luck Kieran. As others have said, take a deep breath, try and relax, READ THE QUESTION THOROUGHLY and 90% of the time the answer is dead obvious. The rest of the time, refer to the books.

Put post-it notes in your book marking sections like ventilation, fluing, etc. Then when you do need to refer to them, finding the information will be quicker.

Take your time dont rush yourself. Read the questions slowly and make sure you understand the question before you look at the possible answers. If a question is hard to understand or you are unsure about it, Mark it and move on.
If you answer a question but you doubt if you have chosen the right question check the relevant section of the book, if you are still not sure mark one of the 2 questions you think it might be in your book turn to the page number in the book the same as the question number and on that page circle a letter in the text that is the same as the answer you have given if you get it wtong they give you a chance at it again so you will know which way you answered first time and choose the other answer.

Can I ask what kind of portfolio you had to build up? I think I will be doing core gas and boiler and water heaters.

Can I ask what kind of portfolio you had to build up? I think I will be doing core gas and boiler and water heaters.
I did core, boilers, fires, meters and cookers.

Portfolio you have to have 25 jobs in total, 5 of which have to be installs (any of those you've trained for), the other 20 can be breakdowns, services, parts replacement etc. You have to have minimum of 2 photos per job and can have maximum 8 jobs with no photos.
You also have to detail all procedures e.g. tightness test, letby, flue gas analysis etc that you do as part of the jobs.

Its the port that takes the longest.. I'm nearly done.. 8 jobs to go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Finally booked my gas assessments! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock