Search the forum,

Discuss Filling Loop Leaking/Not Working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed my boiler pressure was low (zero) yesterday. New house and it was ok when moved in, so presume there's a leak somewhere...

Anyway I've previously had no trouble on other boilers just turning the black taps to fill the system via the filling loop.

However, yesterday when I tried this, nothing happened. No noise, no water, no change in pressure.

I then gave the loop a wiggle and water started spurting out all over the place.

I tightened the nuts holding the loop on and the violent spurt became more of a dribble.

No change in pressure.

There's some metal screws that can be opened with a screwdriver, which I did and had no change in luck with.

Looks like the pic below...What should I be doing to get some pressure back?

Thanks!
IMG_20161204_214830.jpgIMG_20161204_214820.jpg

Close off mains water stopcock and confirm by opening cold tap at kitchen sink. Remove flexible hose and open fill valve on boiler, catching water that emerges. Expect less than 1/2 bucket of water as sealed system creates vacuum. Crud from flexible will often block this valve but even with pressure gauge showing zero there is usually sufficient pressure in system to back flush and clear it. If no water emerges gently probe open valve. Inspect flexible, blow through to clear. This should allow you to reattach and pressure boiler, even with damaged flexible, prior to purchase of new hose.

Close off mains water stopcock and confirm by opening cold tap at kitchen sink. Remove flexible hose and open fill valve on boiler, catching water that emerges. Expect less than 1/2 bucket of water as sealed system creates vacuum. Crud from flexible will often block this valve but even with pressure gauge showing zero there is usually sufficient pressure in system to back flush and clear it. If no water emerges gently probe open valve. Inspect flexible, blow through to clear. This should allow you to reattach and pressure boiler, even with damaged flexible, prior to purchase of new hose.

Cant for the life of me locate where our stopcock is! Looked all round the house in the usual places and can’t find a sign of it.

All I’ve been able to do is detatch and reattach the right hand side of the filling loop.

With it off, when I turn on the left black tap, water runs at high pressure from the open end. When I reattach it I just get the leak again on the right hand side and no increase in boiler pressure.

I can’t loosen the left side due to where the nut is located and not having enough room to get an adjustable spanner onto it.

Getting a plumber out seems to be only real option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Filling Loop Leaking/Not Working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock