Discuss ferroli optimax 30he no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 44451

hi dont know if anyone has experience with these boilers, hot water is working ok but when the heating demand is on the boiler comes on for approx 20 secs and shuts down, i think that its over heating and the heating water cant get out of the boiler. i think it is a diverter valve problem , the pump appears to be working ok but the flow pipe remains cold, any advice would be welcome.

It could be the diverter but more than likely the flow and return filters are blocked is there any fault codes coming up

hi thanks for your reply, i have already checked the return filter clean as awhistle and the system as got inhibiter so if theres a filter on the flow aswell chances are it will prob be ok. thats my thinking anyway.theres no fault code on the display, it just shows the rad symbol with the little calling for heat symbol just above it and the temp goes up fairly quickley and the the burner goes off . i havent had much to do with these boilers so im just looking for a few pointers. i have ordered a diverter valve and ive been told it wont be in untill 12th of jan at the earliest. [great service from ferroli]

Do you know how old the boiler is? there's likely to be more than one problem that could cause yes it could be a diverter valve problem, if its an old boiler it could more than likely be scaled up in the heat exchanger? or maybe could even be a PCB fault. would like to know what the problem was when its all fixed though if you could :) cheers.

make sure the air vent on the top off pump is open just twist it slightly anticlock sounds like pump not spinning

thanks guys, the air vent is ok iv already checked that. the boilers 4 years old and the landlord tells me he tried to get ferroli out because of the 5yr warranty but because he missed a service in 2008 they didnt want to know. the pump sounds ok but i figure if the hot water is sound then the pump is working ok

just check pump unscrew center screw have a look they tend to stick and need a good thump

like i said earlier the pump sounds like its working ok, i have known the impeller snap off in apump once but thats very rare.

Diverter valves on these boilers are quite noisey so you should hear it change between hot water and heating turn fused spur of to boiler and re start you should hear the diverter make lots uf humming noise and then the boiler does a purge of air in the piework for about 3 or 4 minutes then it will go into normal operating mode if you don't hear the diverter valve then it will be that faulty there easy to change I sub contract to ferroli warranty and they are keen on servicing for the warranty you could always ask them if you could have ther agents number for your area and arrange with the agent to have a look for you

hi dont know if anyone has experience with these boilers, hot water is working ok but when the heating demand is on the boiler comes on for approx 20 secs and shuts down, i think that its over heating and the heating water cant get out of the boiler. i think it is a diverter valve problem , the pump appears to be working ok but the flow pipe remains cold, any advice would be welcome.

read what youve put mate its unlikely to be the diverter valve if its running its likely to be a stat or a blockage as the heat carnt get away quick enough are all the trv,s on or the locksheilds after the summer or even the flow/ return iso,s nothings going to get warm or hot after 20 secs plus they go into like a standby mode if the heat carnt get away and locksout

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli optimax 30he no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock