Search the forum,

Discuss ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

drew.boi

hello all,

I am a rgi with lpg but never do breakdowns but a friend called me yesterday that his boiler stopped working. The problem i have is with a lpg ferroli optimax 25s not lighting up when demand is called for. When demand is called the boiler goes through its process of igniting and gets to the sparking stage but doesnt light. There is gas present at the property and the inlet pressure is correct at 37 mbar. I have also shut off the gas stopcock with inlet pressure at 37 mbar and when goes to fire, the gas is taken from the manometer. I have also tested the coils on the gas valve for resistance and both came up with the correct readings (2.8k ohms and 1.6 k ohms). So that leads me to think its not the gas valve and something else but im just not sure what to check now.

Any advice be gratefully received!!

surely it has to be gas valve what else could be holding it off?
interested to know the answer

Had a similar problem last week with an lpg boiler. What is the pressure gauge reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ferroli optimax 25s Boiler wont ignite!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi, would appreciate any thoughts on the below. I have an almost 10yr old Ferroli Modena 32S HE system boiler. (I am aware of their reputation! ) 2 weeks ago HW went lukewarm. When HW was called, the rads came on. The cylinder motorised valve has been replaced today, but it's not fixed the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the central heating but not for hot water and sometimes the other way round, so it's probably just luck as to when it does decide to work[?]. When there's...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock