Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Modena 30c. Any gurus on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been to ferroli tonight.

Display on boiler will show 'FH' with a demand on. Fan runs constantly. Pump will pulse on and off. Pressure gauges jumps in relation to this.

Intermittently the boiler will light, then go out then light again then go out and give fault A01. Pump will now run continuously though. Flow pipe gets a small burst of hw. Then goes cool immediately.

Weird one and I'm stumped, any ideas?
It will not always reset using the reset button.

If it makes any difference, the girl ran out of credit on the gas, topped up and it hasn't worked since then.

20mb at inlet.

Thanks

If anyone is interested. I went again tonight to have another look.

After speaking to technical today, I checked the following. Water in the trap/siphon. All OK.

Flue clear. Gas meter is OK been checked also.

Turns out FH is the purge so that's good to know. As soon as the purge cleared it showed A01.

I reset it and now getting A47, nothing in the manual for this but looking at other models, its possibly a system pressure fault. It's at 1.5bar so that doesn't make sense.

It won't reset now using the reset button. I've pretty much run out of things to test. Where would you go from here?

Sounds like a cop out but I'm going to suggest fixed price repair.

Does it have a pressure sensor?

test that see if its faulty / clogged

Thanks, It's not clogged, I did check.

When I looked at the boiler last night, it didn't show f47.

Speaking to Ferroli, they said it should reset following a fault.

FH is a pain in the A**E. It does it every time you turn the boiler off at the spur and can last over 15 minutes

Yes, it's Supposed to be 5 minutes but was easily 15 last night. Ferroli said every time the boiler is switched off at the spur and restarted it will do a purge. It's not doing that now.

Check the resistance of the thermistor on the return mounted on pump - it should be about 10k , I’ve found if they go high it gives the symptoms you describe . There is another one on the flue and this gives trouble as well .

Check the resistance of the thermistor on the return mounted on pump - it should be about 10k , I’ve found if they go high it gives the symptoms you describe . There is another one on the flue and this gives trouble as well .

Thanks good to know for the future. Ferroli technical were not much help to be honest. The bloke came across as arrogant and lazy, the minute I mentioned A01 he butted in and said yes you need to reset it to clear the fault... I said "yes but after a01...."
"you need to press reset to clear the fault"

3 times I had to say yes but I can I explain exactly what's happening.

I was getting wound up but I had to continue to be polite because people like him would the call the minute he senses me getting frustrated and would say I'm being rude.

I continued "a01"
"yes, that's burner ignition failure"

I know that because I can read the manual but I want technical advice so I know what to test and what readings I should be getting.

No mention of thermistors. I had to explain I was getting other faults relating to pressure. He just didn't want to help, I can't understand why you would choose to do that sort of job and be as unhelpful as you can.

Id have to wait for authorisation from the agents to change any parts, if for any reason it was the pcb (unlikely) up to 10 days wait as none in stock at wholesalers apparently. 3-4 days for gas valve. I've said just do fixed price repair, resident already been without hw for a week before I got there.

I’ve never yet come across a pcb failure on these, it’s always the sensors - flue sensor , thermistors or pressure sensor .
The pressure sensor is just an on/off switch and can be shorted out temporarily if it’s suspect and the thermistors can be substituted with a 10k resistor or variable potentiometer - hope this helps.

I’ve never yet come across a pcb failure on these, it’s always the sensors - flue sensor , thermistors or pressure sensor .
The pressure sensor is just an on/off switch and can be shorted out temporarily if it’s suspect and the thermistors can be substituted with a 10k resistor or variable potentiometer - hope this helps.

Thanks, where do you find resistance readings etc when testing boilers because there is nothing in the manuals.

From the tech guys ! They have all those values to hand . Ideal and Baxi do have values on the manuals . It’s worth measuring them and adding to phone notes when your servicing a good boiler and not under pressure !

I always carry a few of the ferroli sensors and no matter what it’s doing - if it’s not an obvious fix - I change out the sensors.

I’ve had that problem on a 35C and I bet my left leg it’s the flue sensor at the top - follow the wires up.

Not sure of the test values to confirm it is broken but technical are good - just phone them and ask them what the values are and then hang up and test them and phone back if you need something else !!! I find if you phone with a how long is a piece of string question - you get attitude instantly. Falling out with the ferroli tech guys would be like repeatedly punching yourself in the face

Good luck

Reply to Ferroli Modena 30c. Any gurus on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock