Discuss Female Plumber Starting Own Business although she might regret her landrover rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Female Plumber Starting Own Business

Giving Crops CPR is beyond my comprehension :lol:

Reading this reminds me haven't seen Mrs tp for a while

Toggles, as other have already said, it should not matter a jot whether you're male or female; if you're good at your job and offer a quality service then there is a market for you.

If you choose to market yourself as offering something out of the ordinary by virtue of being a woman, then there is definitely a sizeable niche for you. Lone women, women who have had bad experiences with male tradesmen who have left them feeling intimidated, and don't forget, in that vein, the LGBT sector of society. I have a quite a large number of gay customers, male and female, as I did a job for one gay couple who found my complete lack of prejudice unusual (sad in this day and age, but that's their experience) who then passed my number on.

On the flip side, be prepared for prejudice from some sectors of society. I'm ashamed to admit that some members of my own community (Muslim) would find it hard to accept a woman working in the house. I understand some of the more traditional African people have similar views.

Basically - go for it. Be clever with your marketing and don't pigeonhole yourself. Use your gender as an advantage where you can but don't let it define or limit you.

Personally I wish you the very best - the more equality in the workplace the better as far as I'm concerned. Unless you're in East London in which case forget it, the market's saturated and all the customers are misogynists, even the women... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

maybe a stupid question masood whats LGBT?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual?

Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender...

That is the preferred term now as it is considered to refer more to biological and psychological imperatives rather than preferences.

I was going to threaten you all until I read your posts properly.

I'm about to get a snog. I've even used mouth wash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Female Plumber Starting Own Business although she might regret her landrover rant. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Thanks for accepting me. I'm hoping some of you might be able to help? I'm 36 years old, last year I completed my level 2 City and...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
    • Agree
Hi, still rather new on the forum but i wondering what advice you can give on going it on your own and starting your own plumbing and heating...
Replies
Views
Hey there, First time posting here, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. First things first: I'm an idiot and I have no idea about...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Love
Hi ladies and gents, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. As some of you are aware, I'm currently the owner of a newsagent's shop out in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock