Search the forum,

Discuss Feed and Expansion float valve still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jbolland

I've an open vented heating system with a red polytank for F & E. It was leaking at the overflow last month, and I thought it easiest just to replace the float valve (a Pegler Prestex float valve part 2 from Screwfix). Everything was OK for a few days, then it started a steady drip drip every 5 secs or so. I adjusted the ball float down to the end of the right angle lever arm and again all OK for few days. Now the drip drip is back. Should I bend the arm for increased closing force, or could the mains pressure be too high? A PRV is quite expensive!

Is the drip definitely from the ballvalve. If yes make sure nut that forms part of the ballvalve (the one you have to open to get to the orifice /washer) is tight to the rest of the ballvalve. Give the arm of it a little bend by putting 2 pairs of upside down stilsons on it.

The diaphragm washer could have a bit of muck between it and the high pressure seating.

Turn off the water to f&e tank and see if it continues to overflow you may have yourself a split coil on your hot water cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Feed and Expansion float valve still leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock