Discuss Fd fault on Ideal Heat 15 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

They haven’t done a flush then
Ah right ok then! So the pump has to be running for it to work? Makes sense to me thinking about it! I just told the second plumber what the first one had done so he will have assumed he had the pump running.
Thanks so much, I will get him back and ask him to do a proper flush!! 😠

Ah right ok then! So the pump has to be running for it to work? Makes sense to me thinking about it! I just told the second plumber what the first one had done so he will have assumed he had the pump running.
Thanks so much, I will get him back and ask him to do a proper flush!! 😠

Unless he power flushed it then he would use a big ish machine connected to the heating system with some rubber hoses but you normally remove the pump and connect there

Unless he power flushed it then he would use a big ish machine connected to the heating system with some rubber hoses but you normally remove the pump and connect there
No machine, he put a hose on the bottom of the Fernox filter and x800 in the tank up the loft. But because pump won’t work with the boiler he said gravity would push it through. Water was brownish but then went clear. But now I’m thinking this wouldn’t clear the radiators or would it? Looks like it’s come straight from tank in loft, down to pipes in airing cupboard then boiler and straight out again because only gravity pushing it round pipes. I’ve read somewhere about air separator being blocked, do you know if the x800 would clear that if it was? Thanks again for your help.

No machine, he put a hose on the bottom of the Fernox filter and x800 in the tank up the loft. But because pump won’t work with the boiler he said gravity would push it through. Water was brownish but then went clear. But now I’m thinking this wouldn’t clear the radiators or would it? Looks like it’s come straight from tank in loft, down to pipes in airing cupboard then boiler and straight out again because only gravity pushing it round pipes. I’ve read somewhere about air separator being blocked, do you know if the x800 would clear that if it was? Thanks again for your help.

Yea that wouldn’t work as a flush its basically just draining and refilling the system

And yes sir seps are a common blockage point east to test with a magnet

Yea that wouldn’t work as a flush its basically just draining and refilling the system

And yes sir seps are a common blockage point east to test with a magnet
Ok, so I’ve taken the magnet out of the fernox filter and when I hold it next to what I believe is the air separator 🤨 it pulls near the top. If the pump is running with the sentinel x800 flushing through what’s the chances of it unblocking the air separator or do they have to be replaced?
It’s had so much money spent on it now 😫
I’m very grateful for your help, going to get one of these plumbers back and tell them I’ve spoke to a top man that knows his stuff and they need to sort it! 😂

In my experience they don’t unblock so remove and reinstall a new one or repipe to standard full and vent etc

Both pump valves are open arnt they and tbh would leave x800 flowing for a week then you will require a drain down and refill and then drain down again to remove as much x800 as you can

In my experience they don’t unblock so remove and reinstall a new one or repipe to standard full and vent etc

Both pump valves are open arnt they and tbh would leave x800 flowing for a week then you will require a drain down and refill and then drain down again to remove as much x800 as you can
Yes the valves are open.
When we tap the pipe attached to the fernox filter the boiler will light and as soon as you stop tapping it goes out again. It’s had so much done to it now but seems as if it’s something so daft if it’s coming on when you tap the pipe.
Any experience of this?
The pipe goes up from the filter up into the airing cupboard and is connected to the air separator.

Reply to Fd fault on Ideal Heat 15 in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Really hoping somone can shed some light on this. I have an Ideal Logic Heat 15 boiler with an FD error. However, the boiler doesn't...
Replies
Views
Saurabh
S
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Ideal logic heat 18. Uncoded intermittent fault near end of days use only. Burner reignites every 15 seconds on and off, but no fault code...
Replies
Views
Ideal Logic Heat 15 System Boiler Hi. Just started to get an F3 Fan Fault on this boiler. On power up there seems to be a quiet thump from...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock