Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Faulty Gas Tap - Knob Missing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard978

Gas Engineer
Just completed a landlord cert and there was a hob belonging to the landlord with a missing control knob. I categorised it as At Risk purely on the basis that if it was turned on it would be difficult to turn off. Is this correct as I can't find an answer in my book.

probably safest thing to write up, I would just buy a new one or slip on a second hand one from my box of odds n sods and charge the landlord a couple of quid depending on the landlord

Someone told me on the way home it was ID but I can't work out why that would be considered immediately dangerous. The only thing I can think is that technically it is a safety feature and it isn't working.......

I've had a nightmare day......second job of the day was a gas fire with an unsealed builders opening, a boiler with no case seals and signs of spillage...ending up capping the gas supply to the property it was that bad. Plus a RIDDOR because the boiler and fire had just been repaired by some property maintenance company.

All I've done all day is write up notices.

Hi Richard can you PM gas man with your gas safe details mate please. Can't discuss this on an open forum I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Gas Tap - Knob Missing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock