Discuss fan oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

seen this fan oil in merchants does anyone know if its any good and if it can be obtained cheaper on the net - or anyone know what oil it is ( 2in 1 ?)

If you mean the zoom spout stuff, then its alright, just seems like light oil in a fancy bottle though.

Wd40 is Good for flushing out the bearings though, then a lithium based grease seems to be best for long term slipperiness

Halfords | 3-IN-ONE Professional White Lithium Grease 400ml

bought some today looks good stuff. only problem i had was i got bored in the van so sprayed the door hinge then touched it to see what it was like - then used phone and the touch screen would not work - was about to leave where i was working when the landlord asked what i was doing and he tried my phone and it worked - washed my hands twice now and my fingers still greasy and only just getting recognised by the touch screen now .

I use a product called fan lube. Works very well, its a lot thicker than WD40 and withstands heat a lot better. Highly flammable though, an old colleague went to spray the fan of a Glowworm Swift Flow, those that have worked on them will know that it has no APS, so when the fan fails, the burner will still light and eventually starve itself of oxygen and cut out, anyway, the thing was red hot, he sprayed fan lube on to the fan and it instantly iginted in a spectacular fashion I was told!

Very difficult stuff to get hold of though, I have a can on the van which I had in my service box from my last job, don't know where they got it from!

most oil based products will burst into flames on meeting a red hot surface! keep that extinguisher handy at all times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fan oil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
Recently I needed to re-route very old and dodgy oil pipe from tank to boiler. I dug trench and laid a duct and the engineer used green plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock