Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss F4 fault code on Glow worm 30hxsi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all
working on a site were builder has built an extension to back of house. Boiler flue was on external wall it is now on internal ( being moved shortly ) the boiler is now showing f4 code & cutting off after about 20 mins

Boiler has been fine up to the point of plaster boarding the ceiling by the flue. Could this now be causing the fault ? I have downloaded the manual & air inlet duct is stated as a potential problem

Customers obviously unhappy as GSR can not find any fault with boiler

thanks for your help

Turn the boiler off, it sounds from your description as ID.

I would have expected that your 'GSR' would have anticipated this problem and dealt with it properly.

Hi mountain man
what is id. When boiler initially switched off then on it fired & ran for over an hour. Now only 30 mins
gas pressures & flue checked out today as okay

ID = immediately dangerous

From your description the flue now terminates inside the building?

Sorry, my fault in not expanding on fault diagnosis jargon.
Roger is absolutely correct!

ID = immediately dangerous

From your description the flue now terminates inside the building?

Hi Roger
Flue now on an internal wall. 3mtr wide extension ( 2stories ) up until Wed the fumes vented through flooring etc ( a lot of condensation ) However on Wed the ceilings were boarded

Would I be right in thinking this will have caused a problem for extraction of fumes but also for fresh air to be drawn into boiler ?

You have a problem because the products of combustion need venting outside, turn of boiler and do not use until this has been sorted properly would be my recomendation, the boiler is doing exactly what it should be.

dont know if im reading it wrong but are the building a extension around the flue?

You have a problem because the products of combustion need venting outside, turn of boiler and do not use until this has been sorted properly would be my recomendation, the boiler is doing exactly what it should be.

Hi Roger
have firmly planted boot up GSR just wanted to confirm my understanding. Advised customers to switch off until boiler moved. Just didn't want to move it & still have problem

Provider should be contacted and meter capped. If this is genuine then it has disaster written all over it. If you were the last responsible person there then you should get back there ASAP and cap it. How could you not see that this is immediately dangerous?

With respect Sanke, you only have the customers word that it wont be used, but when it gets a bit cold they tend to forget. Your GSR guy should have done what is right in the first instance, as it now falls into the realms of ID & Riddor reportable. They should have cut and capped or get the gas provider to cap if refused permission.

Hi CES
As I have researched things this evening I have learnt a lot. As I am not GSR I relied on what I had been told. As stated should have been capped off. However as it was running when he checked it, it was left running. It has been switched off & I have someone going to site tomorrow that will confirm it s off & will be providing alternative electric heaters for customers ( thus no need for them to play with boiler ) A lesson learnt that will not be repeated. Thanks guys for all your help

haha that sounds like a prime example of the id stuff you see in the gas safe mag

And hopefully long fixed by now as this thread is 9 months old!

Welcome to the forums Maxi Plumb.

Please pay heed to the notices regarding giving gas advice.

Any questions I'll be only too pleased to answer.

Certainly does Maxi, and I hope whoever this was got a photo of it for the mag. Sounds like a prize winner!

Shouldn't you be out gladhanding?

You'll be joining my special friends next.

I can put you in touch if you want buddy.

I may have a strange taste in drinks but I ain't rolling up my trouser leg and kissing the apron for anyone!

It's not! My old mans in he Masonic club and he's even nagging me for 15 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to F4 fault code on Glow worm 30hxsi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Got back from a week visiting family over Xmas and our boiler has now started making banging and grinding noises. It’s a British Gas 330 which...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
I have a Glow Worm Ultracom 30sxi boiler that provides central heating and also heats a hot water tank. There are no error codes shown on the...
Replies
Views
After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs...
Replies
Views
Hi All, New to this so not sure if posting this questions is valid, but i have a boiler issue which has baffled me. I have a Glow Worm Micron...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock