Discuss External pump wattage limit query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lostloop

I notice the Worcester 24Ri lists pump wattage as '90 watts max.' The older 3 speed Grundfos Selectric pumps have a rating of 105 watts on speed '3'. What happens in this case when the existing pump is still quite serviceable ? Do you disable the top speed ? Place an advisory sticker on the pump: 'Do not use setting '3' ? Or are they routinely replaced for the newer, lower wattage types ? Thanks for any responses.

No need to do anything. Watts is the power consumed by the device.
The pump will take as many watts as it needs to run at any given speed.

If you want to keep the existing pump and it is rated over that of the appliance (more W = more A drawn) supplying it you would need to add a relay (or just change the pump)

So it's the contact rating of a small relay on the PCB (?) that is the limiting factor - and that would require a larger 'slave' relay to operate a higher wattage pump.

No!

Fifteen Watts is nothing, about the same power consumption as a
cooker hood light bulb.

If you want to bung in a pump pulling FIFTEEN Watts more then just
do it!:whatchutalkingabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External pump wattage limit query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello forum, 1st time here. The Grundfos 3-speed pump in a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil combi boiler is on its way out. The boiler is old but...
Replies
Views
Grundfos advertises their Alpha 1 & 2 pumps (I'm not sure if they just call both versions Alpha now); that it will replace 30 other pump models...
Replies
Views
Grundfos advertises their Alpha 1 & 2 pumps (I'm not sure if they just call both versions Alpha now); that it will replace 30 other pump models...
Replies
Views
Help please ! My central heating system is very basic and consists of a boiler, circulating pump, basic timer/programmer and piped...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock