Search the forum,

Discuss External gas pipe capping solved... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber0808

Yeah maybe not.
3x 22mm gas pipes stuffed in a downpipe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 171
Them pipes go up to the other flats, don't they?

I've seen it on a few new builds, must be for aesthetic purposes.

Each one of those pipes is independently supported every 2.5m? I think not:builder:

Are they the service or the customer pipes? Where are the other meters?

Seen as said mainly on new build flats, I thought it may have been to stop tube theft, I normally NSC them for clipping, and normally not sleeving/sealing

Could argue its boxed in with no vents. Ncs. Not clipped ncs. 2 ncs = ?

Are they the service or the customer pipes? Where are the other meters?

Customers, they go up and branch off to each flat. I only noticed because they have teed off the down pipe to a 90 elbow then into each flat.
the meters are to the left and right of the one in the picture.

Loads of thse done like this on new builds i class them i just note it on cp12 ,
assume its done for theft purposes

Nah its not you Croppie :lol:
Not supposed to fit as ncs but it happens all the time and BC don't know anything. Never did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its all down to the poxy architect who can't design a building properly so wants the pipes to be covered/disguised to look like a rainwater down pipe. Don't you just love it.

done a few with square down pipe clipped pipes and cut back out of sq down pipe and used as cover

Could argue its boxed in with no vents. Ncs. Not clipped ncs. 2 ncs = ?

The volume of the pipe needs to be calculated to see if it needs a cent high and low, if volume is under 0.01m3 then it won't require vents, still not right as the pipes can't be clipped inside

ive done it. Not like that but buy running gas pipe as normal and then fixing a rwp infront with stand off brackets.

its done to make pritty and is cheaper than designing a purpose built duct internally i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External gas pipe capping solved... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock