Search the forum,

Discuss Extending washing machine and dishwasher hose - insurance problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masood

Do you extend washing machine & dishwasher hoses? I have done so in the past using proper connectors and jubilee clips and never had a problem (although I can see that the reduced bore through the connector could potentially cause problems with fluff and lint from washing machines).

Went to look at a job yesterday where the customer was wanting half his kitchen units hacked to bits in order to fit a dishwasher in near the sink, because he'd been told that extending the outlet pipe to allow it to fit where the old one was, is a no-no. Admittedly, he'd been told this by the delivery guys who were supposed to install as well... :D

So what's the consensus? I'd have no qualms about doing it, anybody think it's a bad idea? We're talking about adding a metre to the 1.5m outlet pipe....

just like you I have done it also but I have allways told the customer that its nothing to do with me if any problems are causes by it they allways have 2 prices one to simply extend hoses and one to re route waste and supply's to the adjacent unit

those delivery drivers will do anything not to fit even if the tops missing of the valve the carry no tools i wouldnt hestitate to extend just ensure theres a fall all the way from above machine to drain point

Last edited:
I've done it a few times and never had a problem, think it's common sense as long as it doesn't look like a roller coaster and isn't 10 metres long you should be ok!?

If ye check the appliance's website ye'll find that a lot of them actually supply drain hose extensions for the units. If that manufacturer says yes then your elected.

I see no problem extending the hose as long as its got a nice fall although I always offer to fit a stand pipe where possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Extending washing machine and dishwasher hose - insurance problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock