Search the forum,

Discuss exposed cast iron pipe in brick wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Discovered a sewage pipe in the back wall of the bathroom, in between the bricks. Not sure if this is normal, if not the explanation lies in the two words 'glasgow' and 'tenement'.

It seems fine, I am boarding over that wall so I can just leave it, but would it be a good idea to fill it in with something? Previously there was some sort of cement which has all crumbled away, revealing this section.

cheers

G

Attachments

• DSC_0441.JPG
    DSC_0441.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 13
Dot and dab over it with plasterboard

Reply to exposed cast iron pipe in brick wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These are iron pipes, with what looks like a female internal thread into which there is some sort of metal reducer with what is maybe a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently knocked through from our kitchen to a new extension to create an opening. Various things have been moved from the wall that was knocked through, including...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all. I am in desperate need of a second opinion. I have two pipes (hot and cold water) that once ran down from the bathroom above and round a corner to our sink. Previously they were in a box in but the wall they were boxed into has been removed and now we are left unsure what to do now...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock