Search the forum,

Discuss Exposed basin pipe work query? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi folks

I’ve been asked to first fix a basin that has the chrome waste exposed. My problem is that the basin isn’t on site to allow me to get an accurate height for the waste but I do have some dimensions. I will attach a pic if it helps.

I’ve marked it out where the basin height is 870mm and the waste is 670mm. I just don’t want to be too low but certainly not too high.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.png
    IMG_0050.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 17
Most bottle traps have an adjustment for height, in this case about 4", guess I'd aim for the middle...

bbt601nt1.jpg

Cheers for this.

I do understand I can go much lower but it looks weird if it’s too low, so I was trying to see if anyone could see an issue with it being 670mm really

If you get the bottle trap on site then you can get it close for sure. If not , then as above make sure it’s an adjustable one and err on too low as too high is a disaster.
Based on the above diagrams I’d go for 650 centre.
But really - can’t it wait until you have the basin? If the waste is going through the wall you can drill it once the basin is hung- then you’ll get it as high as possible.

If you get the bottle trap on site then you can get it close for sure. If not , then as above make sure it’s an adjustable one and err on too low as too high is a disaster.
Based on the above diagrams I’d go for 650 centre.
But really - can’t it wait until you have the basin? If the waste is going through the wall you can drill it once the basin is hung- then you’ll get it as high as possible.
Cheers mate.
Unfortunately this is on behalf of someone else and everything needed doing like yesterday. It’s certainly not how I’d do things. This is also going into a macerator so getting a decent fall is also an issue.
I appreciate the advice

It’s horrible when you get involved in jobs like that. I tend to avoid them these days as I’m getting grumpy and set in my ways, if I can’t run a job how I want to - I don’t do it!

It’s horrible when you get involved in jobs like that. I tend to avoid them these days as I’m getting grumpy and set in my ways, if I can’t run a job how I want to - I don’t do it!
I can’t say I blame you tbh. If I was a better business man I’d be able to tell them to sod off as well. lol

Reply to Exposed basin pipe work query? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock