Discuss Expansion vessel size large system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slide

Have seen many differing formulas for this.

My system volume is 1417 litres
My static head is 11 metres
PRV set at three bar

One calculation I found said it should be 145 litres... can you imagine?
Another said 50, which seems more realistic!

Cheers

That one hell of a system over 300 gallons, how big are the boilers

Wow thats one mutha of a system.
Almost 1.5 tonne of water...

Whats it in......2 bed semi :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
So 150l then . Some expansion going to occur don't want the gaskets flexing on the groundfloor cos plant rooms on roof and fitted with 12l vessel?

A rule of thumb from an expansion vessel/pressurisation unit pump supplier I was told to go by if your stuck on a Commercial job is 1 litre per kW once it's not a high temp heating system. Then go up to d next size up. In your case 100litres.
Should do ye. Did I read ye have d system pressure is set at 3 bar. Maybe I read it wrong, that's a bit too high for 2 storey block. 1.5 bar should be plenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion vessel size large system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock