Discuss En-suite sink pipe getting clogged up in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The en-suite sink waste pipe gets clogged up every few years with gunk (tootpaste, soap, etc). This was installed by a professional plumber and he is long gone.
I took apart the U bend, but it was clean. I then smashed a very large tile and found the pipe behind was nearly horizontal going into what looked like the toilet waste system. I took off the pipe and cleaned out the gunk. Problem sorted until next time (a few years).
I then stuck a replacement tile back with velcro!
Is there a better solution than this ? And why did the professional plumber install a near horizontal pipe? Is this normal practice ? Thanks.

Attachments

• ensuite pipe.jpg
    ensuite pipe.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 15
Do you run water when using any products eg tooth paste / soap after ?

Really need to run some hot water down it afterwards angle / slope looks right should be on the edge of a level line

Reply to En-suite sink pipe getting clogged up in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. Advice required. I want to install an En-suite toilet and wash basin. It's in a guest room and will only see occasional use. There's no...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Hello I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock