Search the forum,

Discuss Empty Water Tank In Attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richarp

Hi All,

i moved into a house a couple of years ago and have decided to board the loft.

I've found any empty water tank that must have been used before an immersion tank was installed but it's still connected to a pipe going into the wall.

Is it ok to remove the tank? If so, what should I do about the pipe?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 42
The pipe going out the wall is the over flow, if the tank is disconnected then cut it up with a hand saw and remove.

check any pipes arent live then cut them out and dispose of them.

Am I the only one removing the old tanks these days lol!!!? I always feel its a bit of a shortcut just leaving it up there just because its in the roof space...

Am I the only one removing the old tanks these days lol!!!? I always feel its a bit of a shortcut just leaving it up there just because its in the roof space...

if you cant get it through the hatch without cutting, most leave them up there

I always remove them and the wooden stolage.

I always tried to remove the metal cold water tanks.
Always struck me as funny that people would have a tank lying up in their attic for years
" because it is too big for the trap door! " and they often argued with me that it it won't come down. Never seemed to dawn on them that a 3ft long tank could be dropped downwards through most trap doors from its 2ft square end! :smile:

Very often the larger tanks don't fit through the loft hatch as some were done when the house was built. I see this quite often.

Hi All,

i moved into a house a couple of years ago and have decided to board the loft.

I've found any empty water tank that must have been used before an immersion tank was installed but it's still connected to a pipe going into the wall.

Is it ok to remove the tank? If so, what should I do about the pipe?

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

That pipe looks to be the overflow,
Just remove pipe and cut flush with outside wall then remove tank

That pipe looks to be the overflow,
Just remove pipe and cut flush with outside wall then remove tank

or double check outside there are no elbows on it and pull the whole lot through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Empty Water Tank In Attic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock