Search the forum,

Discuss Elson or Santon Premier Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jad30

I'm getting an unvented heating system, I have had 4 quotes.
I have narrowed them down to 2 now but I would like your opinion on the two unvented indirect cylinders that has been suggested to me.
One company would like install an Elson 210 litre cylinder and other would like to install a Santon Premier Plus 170 litre cylinder.

Which is the better unvented cylinder as both manufacturers are owned by Baxi.

Thanks

Apart from the size. They are basically identical.
How many bathrooms do you have? One bathroom and shower room will be fine on a 170.

Yes, we have one bathroom with shower. So one brand is not better than the other?

Both are very similar, we have put a few santons in and had no issues other than failed immersion heaters, but it was a direct cylinder so it was only the immersion a that were heating the water. I imagine you are having a system boiler to run the heating and the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elson or Santon Premier Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi everyone, I have a Santon Premier Plus PP120E (unvented direct immersion heater) fitted with two thermostats, which provides hot water to taps and shower. The central heating runs from a separate system. On the PP120E: Bottom thermostat is set it to 4 out of 5 (approx. 60C), and connected...
Replies
Views
Bridog
B
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element required). This means that I have a 2.5 year old StainlessLITE Plus Horizontal unvented mains pressure 204L cylinder left over. We had it installed in Jan...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
What would be the heating time for this (indirect) vented cylinder? Rated coil = 14kw Is it 96 litres x 4.2 specific weight x 40 (dT) ? How do I calculate the heating requirement of the boiler to heat this cylinder. Secondly, they are simpler to install as opposed to unvented type but what are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed soon. Only need around 120/125 ltr for our usage and could possibly make do with 100. Been looking at a few different brands including the Megaflo which...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock