Discuss Electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make you right for getting frustrated, the job is hard enough as it is without some numpty belittling you in front of the customer!
As with some of the others I am lucky to get on with the sparks I work alongside, but I have had my fare share of run ins with others!
Best to be thick skinned and keep the dark thoughts to yourself until the job is done........as they say electricity and water don't mix!

What you should do is straighten things out as soon as he appears on the job in front of builders customers or whoever else is in earshot.
If it gets to the stage of dark thoughts (if he is a bit thick of hearing) wait until he goes to the van then follow him and subsequently put him in his place where there are no witnesses.
There can only be one winner in these situations. Make sure it is you :wink:

Never really had a problem with sparks before yeah they never clear up after themselves and they are all a bit up their own behinds.

I had one used to moan about is running pipes where he wanted to run his cables until he installed his own heating system then he changed his mind and was quite pleasant.

Another said jokingly what would you do if I used your holes for my cables and I said give you a lot of scrap cable!

And I also got my own back for all the times sparkies never cleaned up after them selves as I had loads of cylinders to change whilst they required the flat I never once tidied up after myself and they did mention it. I told them it's about time you did some tidying up they laughed.

Depends on your sparky. Knew a mines electrician who was the biggest bodge merchant around, kept the choc block firms in business! :asshole:
Have another firm on a big job in a theatre who we work with a lot, client keeps changing ceiling details and we have to keep shifting vents and ductwork to suit. Sparkys very good with changes and keeps checking with us that we're not going to clash. Would like more like them.

I tend to clear up as I go, long time back before I ran away fm site work, the spark and his ape were taking the **** every time I cleared up my and their mess to fit a boiler/cyl etc. they werent so chuffed and jokey when they discovered all the site shyte on their front seats, loose and messy when it came to going home time. Me, I was already long gone, and the mobile was full of abuse that night :)

Got called out tonight, fitted a combi in an extension for a customer last week, 50 meters of tube not one leak, spark came in to move a socket in the kitchen and drilled through an old buried pipe in the wall.......water everywhere!!
Hmmmmmm the customer wasn't very happy but I did have a chuckle at the thought of the spark jumping around trying to stop the water spraying everywhere haha, dont they call that karma??!!!

My cousin is a sparks.

I'm so very sorry....

Don't apologize....if there's one thing in life you can't choose...it your family.

If its any consolation, your adopted / extended family loves you :heart:

Old Apprentice text this to me he knows nothing of this tread but he was astounded that he left this over weekend in some ones house. The rest of the communication is censored

8306a70eabfb68e95ba388a3aedfa24d.jpg

Its funny, you will see this exact same conversation on an electricians forum but with the roles reversed.

Its funny, you will see this exact same conversation on an electricians forum but with the roles reversed.

This is the truth of it, it's not the trade but the person. i'm currently a heating sparks and constantly get remarks from the heating engineers about stuff like my jobs so much easier than theirs and that i'm overpaid and i dont tidy up etc etc. Truth is i'm a good guy and i think logically, therefore i know that solid copper pipes are harder to install than cable and that in 99% of the jobs, the heating engineer is doing alot more work so i always work around them not other way around.

I've been a floor fitter for a few years and on one job, i turned up when i was booked in to be there. the sparky was supposed to have finished yesterday. i had just finished sweeping the floor up and was preparing to paste glue out on the entire floor, sparky and his mate turn up and demand that they get in the room to finish their 2nd fix, wouldn't take nop for an answer untill i almost pasted glue all over their feet! fkng cheeky bstards

We're both, and most of our domestic jobs are as simple as this, (see below) so they have to get on together, no prima donna's here thanks!
(Both electrical and hydraulic layouts are agreed first before either starts!)
1-IMG_7595.jpg
First one that causes an argument will be the first to collect their P45!
p.s. not finished in that photo...

We're both, and most of our domestic jobs are as simple as this, (see below) so they have to get on together, no prima donna's here thanks!
(Both electrical and hydraulic layouts are agreed first before either starts!)
View attachment 20121
First one that causes an argument will be the first to collect their P45!
p.s. not finished in that photo...

Very neat n tidy Gordon. Class work .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electricians in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock