Discuss Electric shower instal tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plum Bob 66

Hi

I have been asked by a customer to install an electric shower. From the plumbing point of view can you give me any tips on the best way to go about the install and the order the work should be undertaken. I have an electrician who is part p to do the electricals so it is purely from a plumbing point of view. This is my first since undertaking my training and want to get it spot on.

Thank you in advance.

Plum Bob :)

cold feed from mains to shower - dont use a feed from tank if there is one. bobs your uncle - easy job.

use chrome pipe and fittings if the pipework is surface mounted

Also remember to fit an isolation valve. After you've done 3-4 of these there's nothing to it and no need to read the instructions any more (well, not till after you've finished just to make sure you did do everything correctly!)

I use my own screws/rawplugs as I trust them more than the manufacturers' stuff.

Also remember to fit an isolation valve. After you've done 3-4 of these there's nothing to it and no need to read the instructions any more (well, not till after you've finished just to make sure you did do everything correctly!)

I use my own screws/rawplugs as I trust them more than the manufacturers' stuff.

i always use my own fixings for everything its just personal preferance

check the basics before install,is the cold main to slow or to fast

Pressure/Flow check and correct size breaker/cable in place for new install.

I think the minimum supply by water company is meant to be 1 bar and 9 litres flow per min.

well mains should always be sufficient, and 'electrics not my job love', shower will be fitted in place and up to spark to connect. even though i know about cable sizes and what is required for the different kw showers i keep out of all that. If she wants i'll get my spark mate to sort it out and price accordingly (more £££'s for me pricing for him)

MUST legally be accompanied by an Electrical Small Works Certificate completed by a registered Part P technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric shower instal tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock