Discuss Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smtplumbing

has anyone fitted these, one customer is looking for a wet system I will doing all the wet work and my sparky will do all the other works.

Any advice would be greatfull

not sure tbh i need to work out how big i would need

2 rules of thumb with electric systems

1) Don't go over 11kw on single phase domestic electric supply
2) Don't try to heat water instantaneously. Always opt for a storage based solution (eg direct unvented)

Wrestling with the laws of physics rarely works out well for the human in the bout.

The amptecs a good bit of kit, along with a direct unvented with dual immersions. One for overnight and a boost. Did one of these before christmas.

simon g what else would be need to do the above what unvented did you put in

Thanks

It was a solid fuel system that they wanted to change the stove to a room heater only. Took out the vented cylinder and fitted a 210 RM Stelflow direct. The amptec went into the same cupboard with pump, expansion vessel (sealed the system) and filling loop. Sparky ran a 10mm cable in for me and away it went. Been in about 4 months now, cust happy with it and no pressure loss, so im happy as well.

Went for the 9kw unit. Its running 9 rads and 2 towel rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back