Search the forum,

Discuss Electric boiler installers for South London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I have fallen

Does anyone have experience with installing electric boilers and cover Streatham, South London?

I'm looking to install a freestanding electric combi boiler in a one bedroom flat. An old gas boiler would need to be dismantled and disposed of before the new boiler was installed so I'm looking for someone who is both Gas Safe and electrician-qualified.

The 5m distance between the boiler cupboard and the nearest exterior wall and the walls of the boiler cupboard being plasterboard dictate the odd choice of boiler. Installing a gas combi on an exterior wall is the last resort as it would involve several metres of over floor pipework.

All advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Pretty sure someone will be along later tonight, just hang on until they`ve got home and eaten first.

Phoenix - The old flue goes straight up into the ceiling in the boiler cupboard and then turns at 90 degrees and goes horizontally along a ceiling cavity above a bedroom for 5m before it reaches an outside wall. Current flue regulations say that a flue travelling horizontally must have inspection points every 1m which would mean opening up the bedroom ceiling which is a non-starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Electric boiler installers for South London in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock