Search the forum,

Discuss Elec shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

I've got an elec shower to fit tomorrow

The old ones off the wall with wires installed. Cold pipe needs adjusting.

The cold sweats have started!

I'm taking swim shorts & towel in case of flooding!

One question that may seem naiave, mmmm... I've seen people drill into walls to install stuff inc. elec showers

How do you know you're not going to hit a wire? Is there a rule of thumb that they'll come from above etc.?

Cheers

If it is a stud wall, then you will probably be able to see what way the cable is routed & turning.
Solid wall, not so easy, but you should turn power and water off and drill carefully and try to avoid drilling vertically at cable and pipe exit points

Would be handy if you could see the cable going into wall from above, or whatever. But not always possible.
You could always put a sealed junction box on the cable and switch the power on and use an electric live cable detector to see if wire is in wall. Volt stick no use, as needs close contact to cables. Don't forget to turn power off again though! :smile:
I just drill for the screws, where I am confident no cable or pipe and I drill slowly & carefully.

Last edited:
If the original shower was installed properly, then the cable will always be dead vertical, but you never know what some idiot has done, or if cable has been moved a bit to the side on another previous replacement.
Before you screw the shower to wall, try it in place to see if cable will be long enough. It is often I find the biggest worry.

Last edited:
So tell me again where are the wires? Thought they were behind the wall.

Push a long screwdriver through the wall where the cable comes through then try and run the screwdriver around the hole chances are it will stop when you hit the cable.

Custard totally messed me about - it was in Slough - not hard to work out why. No more. No thx.

Probably changed his /her mind on which wall it was to be fixed to.

What went wrong with it rct ?

Custard been complete nightmare for days, there was other works to complete, bog, basin & other bit

Kept asking about price, this & that everyday, then told me another plumber will do it cheaper, I told him to let him do it

Then I get no I prefer you, I said no, too many problems & changing mind from day 1.

The custard was English. I told him you don't treat people the way he treated me & still think ill help him.

Better off out of it. Luckily I didn't buy materials!

Just wasted plenty of my time.

Forget it and move on, hopefully the lady from Baldwins will get in touch bud but remember she`s used One-Shot already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Elec shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock