Search the forum,

Discuss ECV Keeps dripping, making cupboard humid in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, my hot water system (50L Dux Proflo) has an ECV (expansion control valve) that was fitted in 2019, ever since then it drips pretty much after every shower or usage of the hot water, now normally this wouldn't be an issue but the system is in an interior cupboard which means the constant addition of moisture to the air is helping mould grow in the cupboard and give the cupboard that hot musty smell. The pipe drips into an overflow pan and then into a pipe that takes the water outside but its just the fact the water is there and the unit puts off so much heat into the cupboard I think it must start to evaporate some of the water. I wish I could lift the system to pipe it directly into the drain and not the pan but its such a tight fit I would need someone to disconnect the whole system to do that, The place I live at has high water pressure so should I look at turning the non return isolating valve down a bit to reduce the amount of water going into the system and hopefully reduce the frequency of the dripping? would that help at all? thanks in advance

Check the ECV release pressure.
If the valve only drips on cylinder heat up then its only doing its job in releasing ~ 100 ml water each time the cylinder heats up, install the smallest expansion vessel you can find and problem will be gone.

Reply to ECV Keeps dripping, making cupboard humid in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock