Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss EcoTec diverter valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyBongo

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
These easy enough to strip and clean out? Got a cust with a Pro 28 dumping heat down the flow. Dirt inside will prob be my 1st check

Check the spindle and motor other than that your better off replacing

Can the spindles be serviced in any way, heard they are bad for leaking? Exploded views of the boiler don't show the diverter coming apart

You can clean em. Sometimes it works sometimes not. They're not the greatest deaign

Defo not the best design, stripped it down for a look today, the motor was moving fine. The spindle looked a bit bent on the water side of the valve. The spindle was moving through the rubber, at one point the rubber actually came of the spindle. New valve it is!

Two different valves show up on searches, brass one and plastic one. Is it just like for like??? The said boiler has the plastic one? Pro 28 R2 VUW GB 286/3-3. Look like they would both fit?

theres different motors on the newer ones and come with a lead to adapt the wiring i dont think you get the lead with the plastic ones as they are whats fitted to later models

Cheers spoke to Vaillant this morning who confirmed its the older brass one I need. Hopefully there info is right.... Had an issue with their tech helpline last month!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to EcoTec diverter valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock