Search the forum,

Discuss Economy 7 Immersion Heater Timer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have a very strange problem to solve.

We are on economy 7 metering with 2 CU, 1 for appliances/lights and 1 for our heaters and the immersion heater. The immersion heater has its own 16amp fuse on the CU.

The problem we have is the immersion heater switches on about 3pm and goes off around 5pm we have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find any sort of timer switch. Is one of the meters controlling when the immersion heater comes on and off?

We are going to have another look for some sort of timer at the weekend and I was looking for any information to help me understand how this could be happening.

Sorry for the lack of information/detail

Sounds like the timing of your economy seven is out, I’ve come across this before. It thinks it starts at 3pm, by 5pm I expect the cylinder is hot so the immersion goes off again.

Observe which tariff meter is running when this immersion comes on at 3pm.
It is then for you to decide wether to tell the electric company and get the timing correct OR wether the way it is is beneficial to you 😉

Reply to Economy 7 Immersion Heater Timer in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock