Search the forum,

Discuss ecoflam oil burner intermittent fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KevB

Hi
I have recently been working on an ecoflam burner which heats the cooker part of an Alpha range cooker.
The cooker fires up and gets to temperature and goes through the cycle of firing up to maintain the heat but on occasions when it tries to fire up it locks out.
The filter is clean and the boiler burner is working perfectly which uses the same oil pipe so no restrictions.
New nozzle fitted and the emissions are good for both co2 and co.
Pump pressure is steady 120 psi
The fault occurs when the cooker itself has heated up.
Checked the photo cell this is working and tested the coil which was also working but had cooled down by the time I tested it.
I have changed the coil and cooker warmed up and burner restarted about 11 times before I left.
After about 3 days it started back again and in addition has had blow back on 2 occasions which has opened the doors about an inch
My plan is to go and change the oil pump with solenoid and re check the electrodes and cables Just wandering if someone else has had a similar problem and looking for ideas as to what it could be
.thanks Kev

What are the co2 and co your getting?

If I remember correctly, that burner has just a small hole for the photocell to see the flame, make sure it's not obstructed or shadowed by the ht lead

Also sounds like the flame could be getting knocked off with late ignition so check the electrode positions. Is the nozzle mount black?

Thanks Bunker
co2 was 9.6 manufacturer settings from manual is 9 to 10 co2
co is 15
I'll re check the location of the leads and the electrodes when I go back.
The nozzle mount wasn't black but will re check to see if this has changed
I go back on Sat morning
It would be a lot easier if the problem was constant as it works perfectly most of the time.

Check the ignition transformer for a good spark I would go for t hat if you have already changed the coil. Also ht leads for arcing and cracked porcelain on points

I'd be inclined to close the air off a little more. Also check all the oil pipe and flexes are sound, I had the same thing once and turned out to be a bit if air getting in.
One more thing, try and work out if it's knocking off when the boiler kicks in, is there enough unrestricted flow for both?

Hi
Been back today co2 now 10.1 removed electrodes cleaned re set and checked for any damage tested before refitting the burner and had a god strong spark.
The fault continued after changing the coil last time so changed the pump this time.
re checked the nozzle holder and this is still clean no soot.
Checked oil hoses and all were sound.
Had the cooker burner running for 25 minutes and was knocking on and off at 230 c and was fine. Also tested it when the boiler burner was working and all was good.
Hopefully problem solved but based on the last two visits it comes back after a week or so.
Thank you for the advice you had offered it has been good to discuss the problem and am grateful for the advice thank you
Kevin

After changing the coil and pump with new solenoid valve and re checked lead etc and it seems to have solved the problem. Been 2 weeks now without a problem
Thanks again for your advice it's nice to have someone to bounce ideas from when your scratching your head

I would have said check solenoid to begin with but missed the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ecoflam oil burner intermittent fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock