Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Duracell Batteries leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Seems the AA & AAA Duracell batteries etc are no longer what they used to be, as they are leaking & causing damage to whatever they are fitted in. I am stopping buying them.
What batteries are decent lasting & don't leak?

I agree , they are like WB boilers lol, marketed to death and you are sort off brainwashed into thinking they are good, they are both garbage . Only battery's I seem to use these days are the Panasonic ones

What ones do they sell in Ann Summer's?

1.5v Volt AA Energizer Industrial Battery BB:2019 LR6 MN1500 x 20 | eBay

i use these in pcb.s for bfm europe,the fire manufacturers i sub to for warranty work ,very good batteries,durocell wont even light the fire

Thanks for that link Gas Man. I will try any batteries. Those batteries coincidently I see are coming from my part of the world.
Started using Panasonic (one of their cheapest type) but suspect they won't last long, although they hopefully won't leak.

sorry guys..

What is the difference between an Energizer battery and an Energizer Industrial battery?

This year we evaluated 13 alkaline and 2 lithium batteries. Our test scenarios were based on typical battery usage in toys and in flashlights. Our toy test mimicked an hour a day of continuous play. A second test involved turning a flashlight on for 4 minutes every hour for 8 hours, then leaving it alone for 16 hours. We repeated each test until the batteries were drained.
The two lithium models we tested (Energizer Ultimate Lithium and Energizer Advanced Lithium) outperformed all of the alkaline batteries. But alkalines are far less expensive, and several brands came close to the lithiums in performance. Within the 13 alkaline brands, we saw a fairly wide range of performance, but seven were recommended by Consumer Reports. The top-scoring alkaline battery model--Duracell Quantum--was not significantly different from the high-scoring lithium models, and it costs less than half as much. It's a cheaper option than lithiums for high-drain situations (such as often-used flashlights).
We prefer lithium batteries over alkalines for hard-to-access or infrequently used devices, because of lithium's higher stability (lower "self-discharge" or power loss over time). Unlike alkalines, lithium batteries don't contain a corrosive liquid.

looks like someones holding out on us?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...0.H0&_nkw=duracell+quantum+batteries&_sacat=0

research courtesy of ukpf admin ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had pound-land specials led lensor p7 m2 and they ruined it. Leaked allowa

Seems the AA & AAA Duracell batteries etc are no longer what they used to be, as they are leaking & causing damage to whatever they are fitted in ..............

Last guilty ones for me had that silly Power Test button --- THAT FLATTENS THEM ..

I do hate furry ends ( True of neglected rechargeables )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Duracell Batteries leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
Hello, the edge of the end of my bathtub leaks when I am about 3 minutes in the shower. The faucet is on the opposite side. What could be causing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock