Search the forum,

Discuss Duel entry radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate. Its not a common rad nowadays and has been slowly faded out. I don't know of a company selling them but you may possibly find one who will special order them. Because there not common its not viable for anyone to stock. Is there no chance you can up grade to standard rads n valves or is it not feesible. It would benefit in long run with rad efficiency and control.

No modern ones would have to be special made to work the dual entry as there's a long stem goes into the rad seperating the two enabling circulation.

As long as the tube will go into the end of the rad I see no reason why it won't work, get the radiator if it wont go in you are going to have to re-pipe

Fit a modern rad, fit 2 normal valves either end and fit a bypass on it.

Stelrad used to do them so it might be worth a phonecall to there customer services to enquire, but like i said if it is possible to fit standard rads with valves then thats what id do every time,

Pardon my ignorance, but what's is a dual entry rad, and what's its purpose?

its twin entry valves, made life easier for piping up as both pipes come to the same end of the rad. the flow has a pipe inside the radiator which goes approx half way along and creates the flow around the radiator and returns to the valve and through the outer section of the valve. cant fit them to most new rads as the bit you put the valve tails in is usually offset.

Those rad valves a shyte, bite the bullet and change it to a proper flow and return vavlve :D

Over the years there has been some crap invented by manufactures and these along with Uni-bell-con was another, I think the latter was part of Stelrad a single entry valve in the middle bottom of the rad, another pile of poop.

They serve no real purpose on an installation and as Chappy says pure shyte nice spelling, in fact I have fitted 100's if not 1000's of these valves we used plastic tube to push into the rad it was still a pig on a double panel rad. Yorkshire and their bright ideas, I think I remember too these valves would rattle when you tried to balance them down.

Remove them and the mini bore and re-pipe

its twin entry valves, made life easier for piping up as both pipes come to the same end of the rad. the flow has a pipe inside the radiator which goes approx half way along and creates the flow around the radiator and returns to the valve and through the outer section of the valve. cant fit them to most new rads as the bit you put the valve tails in is usually offset.

Also this design "benefits" from the counter flow heat exchange between the flow and return via metal valve body, which helps with keeping the heat to the main system pipes, away from the rad :)

The person designing them probably didn't know much about the laws of thermodynamics and metals heat conductivity...

Better to pipe your rad diagonally, on opposite corners, with flow from the top, that way you rad acts as a proper counter flow water to air heat exchanger, giving most of the heat away to the room.

everyone is rubbishing dual entry valves but when you think most will be easily in excess of 20 years old theyve not done to bad realy the idea was to reduce pipe runs you only run to one end of each rad
if it wasnt for the change in rad designs they would be making a comeback now with the majority of new builds in london use tem mm pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Duel entry radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock