Discuss Dripping Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peteisfishing

Been called to a boiler we installed around a year ago due to condensation dripping from the flue, we will sort it free of charge but the flue is installed as per MI's IE level as it is <600mm. But still dripping. It is a WB, anyone else come across this??
Cheers all

If you've fitted it to the MI then I think Worcester carry the can with the warranty. Probably a grey area but my understanding is they do all the remedial work in the first couple of years after fitting, assuming it's serviced a year after installation and assuming you've kept to their manual and the building regs.

Re the condensation has the recent weather any bearing? I'm thinking on the same principle as my van. The windscreen has started to mist up in the last week or so. Not done that for a few months. I appreciate it's probably not the answer to your question but ... just maybe ...

Also, when I test for smoke numbers (oil condensing boilers) frequently there's condensation but this is probably due to the fact that it's a condensing boiler!!

are you sure the flue is the right way up flues that are fitted level have internal fall built in failing that id lift it enuogh to stop the drip

i have a similar problem that i have not cured and the flue has the correct fall on it

I have had a similar problem, even tho' flue had a fall running back there was condensate accumulating at the mouth of the flue, this would occasionally drip down onto the floor or wall. After a while it begins to stain.
So I shut boiler down - dried up the tip of the flue annd smeared the tip of the flue where it was accumulating with silicone grease so it couldn't accumulate. Not been called back so it appears to have worked.
It's worth a try.

Worcester flues should have a 5 degree fall back to the boiler ie 52mm per meter

If MI says level ,fit it level . We were called to a Halstead that the manufacturer would not touch as the flue had been installed with fall !!! (condenser with fall back to boiler) We did not fit it but sorted it out , I thought it was OK myself certainly not causing any problems

you cant stop flues doing this to a certain extent even if fitted to mi having a fan on the end will mean some water/condensate will drip out of the end

what do you think this happens to all boilers at some stage Gas Man ? i have never had any issues with condensation dripping except on my own boiler and it is installed correctly lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dripping Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock