Discuss double check valve baxi 105he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikeberry83

hi new to the forum basically looking for some advice on how to drain my boiler (baxi 105 he) to change the check valve i am confident in changing the valve but just want to know correct procedure in draining system and refilling eg which taps to shut off etc any help would be much appreciated thanks

Are you talking about the double check valve on the filling loop???

Hi mikeberry83,

Isolate flow and return on the tap rail. The draincock is bottom right hand side of the boiler, under/behind the pump near the PRV(its a white plastic nut with a spigot for your drain tube.)Make sure the auto airvent(on top of the pump is open). That should do it.

hi thanks yes check on filling loop and was going to drain same way plumber did once by opening up at a pipe near downstairs radiator and put hose out front door was just wondering what taps etc i shut off at the boiler or can i just turn main water pipe to house off and drain that way

my plumber has just gone away for a couple of weeks so if this is to complicated is it possible to just take the filling loop off and use a couple of blanking plugs/nuts for the short term
it is basically filling itself up from correct pressure to in the red within an hour because of the failed check valve

Am I missing the point here ? Surely the check valve is to stop your heating water going back into the mains ??? Your issue will be with the isolation valve if it is letting by

Am I missing the point here ? Surely the check valve is to stop your heating water going back into the mains ??? Your issue will be with the isolation valve if it is letting by

Seen so many cheap filling loops and they only have one iso valve so are fitted wrong. Check should be on cold main side but with the cheap ones you can't remove flexi if you fit correct ad check has no iso on it

Hi mikeberry83,

Isolate flow and return on the tap rail. The draincock is bottom right hand side of the boiler, under/behind the pump near the PRV(its a white plastic nut with a spigot for your drain tube.)Make sure the auto airvent(on top of the pump is open). That should do it.

Then put a tub underneath the flow iso that's now leaking underneath the boiler :dead:

If your pressure is rising its not the double check valve but the isolation valve/tap on the cold water main

If the boiler is in the loft then don't drain anything, just catch what comes out in a bucket!

predicted next post,how to dry out a wet 105 pcb,can see it happening,would not be touching iso,s under any circumstances ,though the op does need to sort this quick as the next thing to go bang on the 105 he if the loops failed is either going to be the EV or secondary HE Hex,think i would be calling in a gas engineer or this could turn into a expensive repair,BTW before the op comments,i know the 105 HE backwards,not wise to argue otherwise,heed my advice and get a pro in or post in our need a plumber/GSR engineer section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to double check valve baxi 105he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock