Discuss Domestic water softener in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Millsyaw

Hi there am looking to install, or have installed a water softener. Fairly hard water where I live and my daughters are struggling a little bit now with a dry skin. Can anyone recommend best ones to have either for me to do myself (quite competent around plumbing) or to have installed. Thanks for your time, Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of threads here, do a search and you will get much information. But in essence think of a water softener as a long term (20+ year investment), go for the best that you can afford - twin cylinder (non electric) and block salt are the bees knees!

Get an Ion-exchange water softener, stay away from Kinetico as they are too expensive and not that reliable.

On the contrary, my Kinetico has been working reliably and giving me soft water, both here and in France for 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Domestic water softener in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there a definitive answer to this? We have a stainless steel everflo unvented cylinder hooked up to a Worcester Bosch boiler, and are thinking...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the...
Replies
Views
Scott Jenkins Water Softeners Ltd is a fast growing family run business that covers all aspects of Water Softeners and Drinking Water Systems...
Replies
Views
Hello Would love some general guidance on what I should be looking out for in the market when purchasing a water softener? I live in a 2 bed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping someone can guide me to install the RHS42 water softener. I am specifically having difficulty understanding what to use for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock