Search the forum,

Discuss Domestic Heating Oil Tank Float Gauge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Have had 2 break where dial just doesnt work. Seem pretty cheap light plastic devices. Any one know of more durable, robust ones which are also very accurate. Maybe wrong but always believed heavy duty brass dials etc lasted far longer and more accurate although more expensive. Only manual visual ones please, no fancy electronics as still in the dark ages!
Many thanks

As you have found dial gauges tend to fail . Sight gauges soon unreadable and prone to vandalism. Electronic ones are better than they were need new battery in around 5 years.
I had this conversation with the owner of a large oil distributor couple of years ago his recommendation was get a broom handle and dip the tank!

As you have found dial gauges tend to fail . Sight gauges soon unreadable and prone to vandalism. Electronic ones are better than they were need new battery in around 5 years.
I had this conversation with the owner of a large oil distributor couple of years ago his recommendation was get a broom handle and dip the tank!
Many thanks for that Exedon2 got me thinking and clicking. Watchman Sonic seems to win hands down and also pretty simple for the likes of me and the wife just plug in the receiver and thats it.

Thats the one use most usually the one that gives you warning if tank empties rapidly as well. Easy to fix measure hight of tank set switches on back of receiver as needed.

Reply to Domestic Heating Oil Tank Float Gauge in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would really appreciate some advice on a proposed change to my central heating circuit. I am able to divert excess electricity from my recent solar PV installation to one (or two) hot water tanks and I would like to plumb in a small hot water tank in parallel with my central heating...
Replies
Views
This is what it looks like. It has been inspected and it is still servicable just needs cleaning up and painting. Yes, I know it's ancient and could do with replacing but so is the owner and funds are limited. Has anyone in PF land got any idea of how the gauge works? Is it a float mechanism...
Replies
Views
Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+ years old and kept breaking down and various plumbers visited and fixed problems but advised system flushes or a range of options - essentially the...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The system is up and running and works okay but I feel it could work alot better if it were setup properly. Im not a plumber and really understand how parts...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock