Discuss does anyone still use copper in a 1st fix downstairs gorund floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
System. If it's anything like my mrs. It involves being 6ft under and stiff.

Sacked for being an ignorant little ersehole. I'm a bloody nightmare to work for anyway as I have to always have things done my way. Wife learned that the hard way.

A bit like me then. I must be the worst person in the world to work with. If i'm on my own i even moan at myself :lol:

System3, she doesn't like flexi's either. Only rigid?

She takes it as she finds it. If she needs to work at it then all the better for me @lol:

on new build work i use both copper and plastic. Some situations require plastic as alot of modern joist systems are designed with plastic in mind and it can be harder to install copper to a good standard. All surface pipework must be copper and most of my private work is copper only.

one problem with plastic is it makes diyers think they are plumbers because "anyone can install plastic" is what alot of people think. It does take knowledge and skill to install plastic to a high standard, but yes it can be installed badly by idiots also.

Tamz/System - you should do a couple of vids like tom's tips specifically for installing copper in the trickiest situations. That'd be great.

Tamz/System - you should do a couple of vids like tom's tips specifically for installing copper in the trickiest situations. That'd be great.
Maybe just do that, along with a pipe freezing vid for the Rofrost.

Plastic is very popular here in Ireland....mostly as the shoddy workmanship of plumbers/builders in the 70's/80's gave copper a bad name when it only lasted a few yrs after being buried in concrete with no protection...:-(.
I'm a believer in soldered copper but i'm softening to plastic also as during a very severe winter of 2010 most of the call out i got was to copper with brass fittings that had failed....and plastic with a push and twist next to them were perfectly intact....wtf???
most of the plastic used here is qualpex with inserts and brass fittings and from what i can see has proved very successful with the last 15 yrs or so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to does anyone still use copper in a 1st fix downstairs gorund floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back