Discuss Does 15mm copper have to reach right to the back of the fitting when soldering? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to solder a 15mm end-feed elbow onto a straight run of pipe to join it up to a radiator. I've cut the existing pipe run just a fraction too short to come straight up to hit the radiator valve, but I'm hoping it could still work...

How important is it that the copper pipe is pushed all the way back into the fitting? Can it be inserted 8-10mm / two-thirds of the way in and still get a good joint?

Reply to Does 15mm copper have to reach right to the back of the fitting when soldering? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Yes I know is a bit basic the header but have been milling this over for ages. Needs doing now as autumn approaching. I need to take a feed off a...
Replies
Views
Back