Search the forum,

Discuss Dodgy boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerbas

went to service a boiler today and when i went outside to check terminal location etc i couldent believe what i saw prv pipe sticking out of wall vertical about 6 inch out and condensate pipe same. Boiler installed about 4 years ago but wouldent tell me who did it.I told him youve had acidic water dripping on the garden floor for 4 years.Anyway i rectified it all.
What would that be classed as?

funny how they never ever want to tell you who did the work. or they conviniently forget the guys name.

id say NCS

Should have asked for the registration certificate from corgi ?

Yes i thought ncs but i ended up putting it all right.I could tell he knew who the guy was but wouldent say.

NCS under gas industry unsafe situtations proceedure, but if it had dsicharged and squirted on somones head slightly more serious. Sounds like illegal gas work. anyone GSR registered would never do this, would they?

yeap,see one on Sunday !flue not made good in and out ! prv sticking out about 50 mm not returned to the wall !gas coming to boiler 15mm just under boiler goes to 22mm,when to see meter esv half opened god knows for how long ! bonding on anaconda !flue is going down about 10%! sign of CO around flue elbow!as is not pushed right in !gas hob 1 gas tap not working at all,no ignition bottom one postaireted,other one jet blocked so very little flame!

going saturday to run new gas,put new condensing boiler and put new gas hob !
there was the old Landlord safety check !done one year ago!

makes you think how deep some people look and check !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dodgy boiler install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock